October 6, 2011

Don't Bother Offering Lea Michele Fashion Advice





Lea Michele (Getty)

Lea Michele in Oscar de la Renta at the 2010 Golden Globes. (Getty)
Remember that gorgeous black Oscar de la Renta gown Lea Michele wore to the 2010 Golden Globes? Well, it seems if she had followed the advice of others it never would have been worn. Although she has now avowed not to listen to the fashion advice of others, this wasn't always the case. Before the her first appearance at the Globes, Glee creator Ryan Murphy specifically warned Lea to avoid wearing black. She dished to InStyle,

Ryan Murphy had told me, 'Don't wear black. You should never wear black.' So my stylist pulled floral, beautiful colors. As I'm walking to the bathroom to try them on, I see the Oscar [de la Renta] dress hanging up in her closet. I said, 'I'm wearing that.' And I called Ryan and said, 'Ryan, I'm wearing black!'
It's a good thing she held her ground! The flawless tulle confection wound up being one of the more memorable gowns of the evening and helped cement Lea's place as a burgeoning fashionista. Recently, the Glee star wowed us in several dramatic looks from the front row of Paris Fashion Week.